The protection of privacy and personal data is a priority for LHR Clinic and a clear commitment made by us.
This policy relates to privacy practices within the activity carried out by the LHR Clinic including the portals, online sites and other services managed by this Clinic. The personal data you provide us during interaction with the various services will be treated with the security and confidentiality guarantees required by the legal framework on personal data protection.
Access to and use of the services, portals and sites, under the responsibility of LHR Clinic, shall be free on the part of the user assuming that LHR Clinic has read, understood and accepted the Terms and Conditions of their use.
Any attempts to alter the information, or any other action that may cause damage and put at risk the integrity of the system, are strictly prohibited under current legislation. The user undertakes to scrupulously comply with the applicable legislation, particularly with regard to computer crime and intellectual property rights, and is solely responsible for the infringement of these regulations.
Data Protection Officer
If necessary, the LHR Clinic can be contacted via email at email@example.com or by registered letter with return receipt to Avenida Sidónio Pais, 8, 1050-214 Lisbon.
The LHR Clinic respects your right to privacy. The data requested is for the provision of the service requested by you, and personal data that is not necessary for the provision of the service or without your consent will not be collected.
Interaction with the services, portals and sites of the LHR Clinic does not require information from the user, except when, for expressly identified purposes, registration is declared necessary and is authorized by the user in accordance with the following terms.
Responsible for Treatment
The LHR Clinic as data controller:
- Ensures that your personal data is processed within the scope of the purposes for which they were collected or for purposes compatible with those purposes;
- It collects, uses and retains only the personal data necessary for the purpose in question;
- It does not transmit personal data for commercial or advertising purposes;
- It processes personal data for legally prescribed purposes or for the pursuit of services at your request.
Types of Personal Data we collect
The personal data subject to processing by the LHR Clinic is of a diverse nature, given the provision of services promoted in the electronic platforms and other services under its management.
According to the type of services provided, the following can be collected: name; age; email address; and mobile phone number.
Personal Data Security
In the pursuit of its activities, the LHR Clinic uses a set of security technologies and procedures suitable for the protection of your personal data, protecting it from unauthorised access or disclosure, namely:
- Physical security measures, such as access control for employees, collaborators and visitors to the head office premises and, on the Data Centre premises, very strict mechanisms for fighting intrusion, extinguishing fires, monitoring equipment 24×7 and housing equipment in dedicated racks;
- Logical security measures, in the access component to systems and workstations through identity, authentication and privilege management mechanisms; in the network component, the use of firewalls and intrusion detection systems, segregating networks and application environments, as well as information encryption through secure communication channels.
Access and control of your Personal Data
We make it possible, at your request, to access, rectify and delete personal data. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
If the use of your personal data is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw it, without compromising the validity of the data processing carried out until that moment.
Through the Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) you can request:
- Information about your data;
- Information on processing;
- The underlying purpose of the treatment;
- The correction, or updating, of data;
- Your data in an open format;
- the erasure of data, without prejudice to the law applicable to the processing concerned.
Personal Data Archive
Your personal data will be kept by the LHR Clinic for the period necessary for the processing, in accordance with the respective purpose.
Conservation periods may be altered when justified by the associated public interest, historical, scientific or statistical reasons, with the LHR Clinic undertaking to adopt the appropriate conservation and safety measures.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Placing cookies helps websites to recognise the User’s device the next time they visit and is often essential for them to function.
The cookies used by the LHR Clinic do not collect personal information that allows the User to be identified, but only store generic information, such as the form or region/city of access, among others.
The cookies used on the LHR Clinic websites and portals are as follows:
- Essential – necessary for browsing the website, guaranteeing access to private areas of the same, in order to allow services to be carried out, namely session cookies.
- Analytics – necessary for the collection of information for statistical analysis of navigation and use of the website, namely Google.
- Social Networks – possibility of interaction with social networks, namely:
- Performance – necessary for monitoring the user experience of the website, examples of which are:
Disclaimer of Liability
LHR Clinic shall not be liable for any loss or damage in respect of civil liability (including, but not limited to, consequential, incidental or consequential damages, loss of profits and pain and suffering, whether directly or indirectly caused), arising as a result of your use, whether correct or incorrect, of its Services, websites and their content, including improper access to your computer and computer system by third parties.
The information disclosed should be seen in its informative aspect.
In the services, sites and portals managed by the LHR Clinic there are contents and services provided by third parties, which shall be updated by these third parties. Therefore, the LHR Clinic shall not be held liable with regard to the complete accuracy and timeliness of any information on its websites.
The websites may contain links to websites operated by third parties over which it has no control and for which it assumes no responsibility.
The visualization of legal dispositions in this site does not dispense with consulting the legal dispositions in force, officially approved, published in the original editions and supports (namely Diário da República or Official Journal of the European Union).
The present Terms and Conditions, which you should read carefully, may be altered, with the alterations being considered to take effect from the date of their publication on this site, with express reference to the date of updating.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Portuguese law. The court of the area of Lisbon has jurisdiction, to the exclusion of any other, to settle any disputes arising from the interpretation and application of these Terms and Conditions.
05 April 2021